Dr. Dina Salah
Dina Salah has over fifteen (15) years of experience in handling Corporate, M&A, Banking & Finance, Oil & Gas, Antitrust and IPRs.
Salah is a trilingual Arabic, English and French lawyer who served for the following key positions during her practice of law in Egypt:
- Legal Counsel at Apache Companies Egypt (a group of Apache’s companies) from November 2016 to August 2019;
- North Africa Area Head of Legal at British American Tobacco Egypt from June 2012 to May 2015;
- Partner and Head of the Banking & Finance Group at Shalakany Law Office from August 2009 to May 2012;
- Senior Associate at Shalakany Law Office from August 2006 to July 2009; and
- Deputy Manager of the IPRs Office at the Information Technology Industry Development Agency (ITIDA) from September 2005 to July 2006.
Outlined below the notable transactions undertaken by Salah during her practice:
Banking & Finance:
Involved in and handling major project finance in petrochemical and energy sectors;
Acting, drafting and/or negotiating on behalf of lenders major syndicated loans, financial leasing, as well as securities agreements, e.g.:
- advised Capital Drilling (Egypt), LLC (as a guarantor) in a Term Loan Facility for US$17 Million, Revolving Credit Facility for US$30 Million and Uncommitted Treasury Facility not exceeding US$15 Million granted by Standard Bank (Mauritius) Limited to Capital Drilling (Mauritius) Ltd. and Capital Drilling Ltd. – January 2012;
- advised Future Pipe Industries Company, S.A.E. (as a guarantor) in a Term Loan Facilities Agreement up to US$ 195 Million (or its equivalent in Emirian Dirhams) granted by HSBC Bank PLC to Future Pipe Industries Group Limited – August 2011;
- advised Australia and New Zealand Banking Group Limited, Banc of America Securities Limited, The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited, The Royal Bank of Scotland N.V., Standard Chartered Bank and others in Term Loan Facility Agreement for US$175 Million granted to Alexandria Carbon Black Company – June 2011;
- advised Standard Chartered Bank, London Branch and Standard Chartered Bank, Dubai Branch in Standby Letter of Credit Facility Agreement for US$175 Million granted to Alexandria Carbon Black Company – January 2011;
- advised Commercial International Bank in Medium Term Facility Agreement for US$66.5 Million granted to Egyptian Bahraini Gas Derivatives Company (EBGDCo) – May 2010;
- advised Banque Misr in Syndicated Long Term Loan Agreement for not exceeding L.E.325 Million granted to Dry Bulk River Transport Company – July 2009;
- advised Banque Misr in Syndicated Long Term Loan Agreement for L.E.1.1 Billion granted to Wadi El Nil Cement Co. – January 2009;
- advised National Société Générale Bank in Medium Term Loan Agreement up to L.E.670 Million granted to Eastern for Tobacco Company – November 2008;
- advised HSBC Bank Egypt in Revolving Facility Agreement for L.E.700 Million granted to Beni Suef Cement Company – June 2008; and
- advised HSBC Bank Egypt in Syndicated Medium Term Loan Agreement for US$130 Million granted to Southern Valley for Cement Company – September 2007.
Drafting the legal documentation in relation to the Real Time Gross Settlement (RTGS) payment system for the Central Bank of Egypt;
Engaged in due diligence reviews and mergers & acquisitions representing acquirers in the following:
- advised Shell Gas BV for the acquisition of 30% of Shell Compressed Natural Gas Egypt for L.E.6 Million – December 2010;
- advised Al Ahram Beverages Company for the acquisition of 100% of the Egyptian Beverages Company for US$30 Million – May 2009; and
- advised Mena Glass Ltd., an affiliate of Citadel Capital, for the purchase of 35% of the shares of Misr Glass Manufacturing Company for approximately US$56 Million – September 2007.
Salah also advised foreign investors on various issues relating to capital market, agency and distribution agreements, antitrust, electronic signature, companies incorporation and general corporate matters.
Salah was, as well as, involved in drafting the Egyptian Unified Industrial Draft Law for the Ministry of Trade and Industry and the Egyptian Information Security and Cybercrime Draft Law for ITIDA.
Dr. Dina has fifteen (15) years of experience in handling Corporate, M&A, Banking & Finance, Oil & Gas, Antitrust and IPRs.