M: +2 0122 0800 290
T: +202 353 73 777 (Ext. 102)
At the educational level, Frederic Soliman obtained in 2002 a “Maîtrise” on International Business Law from Paris I University, Pantheon Sorbonne, a L.L.B. from Cairo University the same year and a Master Degree on International Business Law from Paris I University, Pantheon Sorbonne, in association with Cairo University in 2007.
A dual French and Egyptian national lawyer, Soliman is fluent in French, English and Arabic and has completed an international “Stage” at the Paris Bar Association, including a month internship at Fasken Martineau and has successfully passed the Paris Bar examination.
Frederic Soliman was admitted at the Cairo Bar Association in 2004 and Paris Bar in 2015.
Frederic Soliman has over (13) years of experience in the areas of Corporate, M&A, Restructuring and Dispute Resolution.
Before founding Soliman, Hashish & Partners, Soliman was a Senior Attorney at Yassin Law Office, for four (4) years, where he was focusing on Arbitration and Litigation. He was also a Senior Attorney at one of the largest law firms in Egypt, for eight (8) years, advised more than 150 clients on his areas of practice including, inter alia, starting up and operation of their business in Egypt.
Soliman assisted/continue to assist the World Bank and IFC on the preparation of “Doing Business” report with respect to starting business in Egypt.
Outlined below the notable transactions undertaken by Soliman in connection with his areas of practice:
advised, inter alia, the following clients on several legal issues with respect to banking, corporate, commercial, conducting DDR, employment, Oil & Gas, tax and civil law, including negotiations with EGAS, the General Authority For Investment, the Industrial Development Authority, the Central Bank of Egypt, the Financial Supervisory Authority and the Stock-Exchange:
AlexGlass (Subsidiary of an Indian company working in the glass industry), ArcelorMittal Top Egypt (Subsidiary of a French company working in the steel industry), Arcion (a Spanish company working in the construction field), Bollore Africa for Logistics Egypt, Bureau Veritas, Camusat (Subsidiary of a French company working in the telecommunication field), Citibank, Colas, Degrémont, EIPET (Subsidiary of an Indian company working in the petrochemical industry), eServ, Essilor International, Europarts, Fluidra, Géophyle, GSPC (Subsidiary of an Indian company working in the Oil & Gas industry), Lactalis, Natixis Bank, Oriflame, Pegas Egypt (Subsidiary of a Czech company working in the manufactures of nonwovens products), RKW Egypt (Subsidiary of a German company working in the manufactures of films and nonwovens), Rochas, Saint-Gobain, Sanofi Aventis, SDMO (Subsidiary of a French company working in the construction of generators), Sinai Cement Company, Vicat and YKK.
M&A and Restructuring:
- advised a major company with regards to the restructuring of its holding companies in Egypt, with a total working capital of USD 100 million.
- advised a major company with regards to the stock repurchase of a listed company at the Egyptian Stock Exchange (treasury shares).
- advised a major company in connection with the construction of a plant located in 6th October Industrial Zone with an estimated investment cost of USD 100 million.
- advised a leading French company on the negotiation and implementation of a JV with an Egyptian Partner with regards to the implementation and construction of a plant with a total investment cost of USD 90 million.
- advised an Indian company with the sale of 95% of its shares in a company located at Borg El-Arab’s Free Zone to a Saudi company.
- advised an Indian company on the negotiation and implementation of a JV with an Egyptian Authority for the construction of a petrochemical plant, with a total investment cost of USD 35 million.
- advised an Egyptian company with regards to the sale of the Assets and Business of its plant, and assisting same in connection with the settlement of its debts with local banks.
- advised a French company with regards to the merger of two of its subsidiaries in Egypt.
- advised Alstom with respect to the restructuring of its business and acquisition of the power and grid businesses thereof by General Electric.
advising and representing major companies and individuals in Arbitration under CRCICA and ICC rules, in the Construction, Oil & Gas and commercial field.