We advise our clients on all aspects of acquiring and selling companies and/or business. Our experience in this area allows us to maintain a commercial approach that optimizes efficiency, reduces costs and enhances effective deal execution.
We advise buyers, sellers and financial advisers (including private equity) on both public and private mergers and acquisitions.
Our services cover, inter alia, the following:
- Conducting a detailed/high level legal due diligence on target companies or assets;
- Negotiating our client’s proposal with counterparty/ies;
- Drafting, reviewing, commenting and/or negotiating projects documents;
- Obtaining any licenses and/or authorizations that may be required to execute the transaction; and
- Assisting in closing of the mergers and/or acquisitions transactions.
Outlined below a list of the notable M&As transactions that we handled:
- Advised Africa Crest Education Group on an acquisition of two leading international schools in Egypt.
- Advised SABIS Holding on restructuring of its subsidiaries in Egypt.
- Acted as local legal counsel to Alstom with respect to the acquisition of its grid and power sectors by General Electric.
- Advised Computer Sciences Corporation with respect to the acquisition of its business in Egypt by CSRA Inc.
- Advised Zircodata Information Holdings Proprietary Limited on its acquisition of E-File in Egypt.
- Acted as legal counsel to Emerging Markets Property Group (EMPG) with respect to its merger with Dubizzle and OLX MENA in Egypt.
- Acted as legal counsel to Alameda on its acquisitions of the entire shares held by International Finance Corporation in Dar Al Fouad Hospital in Egypt.
- Acted as local legal counsel in Egypt to Orange with respect to the acquisition of a stake in Jumia (previously Africa Internet Group).