Our banking and finance lawyers are highly regarded for their excellence, broad experience and versatility.
Over the years, we have established a good relationship with international and regional banks and financial institutions in public and private sectors, which are indispensable to the effective and smooth closing of finance transactions.
We represented/continue to represent lenders, borrowers and guarantors in the most complicated financing transactions in Egypt.
Our banking and finance services include, inter alia, preparation, reviewing and/or negotiating:
- term sheets;
- finance documents; and
- security documents.
In addition to the issuance of capacity, authority and/or validity legal opinions, when required.
Furthermore, we assist our clients in understanding the issues that may be arise under Egyptian law from or in connection with banking and finance transactions as well as perfecting security under Egyptian law.
Despite the fact the novelty of microfinance in Egypt, we advised international financial institutions on the regulations of this sector in Egypt in light of the recent microfinance law. We keep also our eye, on a daily basis, in the development of this sector and the regulations proposed to be applied thereto for the effective representation and protection of clients’ interest.
Outlined below a list of our recent notable banking & finance transactions:
- Advised Agence Francaise de Developpement on a Facility of EUR 175,000,000 granted to the Government of Egypt.
- Advised Money SAL on providing consumer finance in Egypt.
- Advised PROPARCO on providing a Tier 2 financing to banks registered with the Central Bank of Egypt.
- Acted as legal counsel to VEB.RF with respect to a facility of EUR 1,016,050,000 made available to the Government of Egypt.
- Acted as legal counsel to Ansan Wikfs with respect to a MTL of USD 50,000,000 made available by Arab African International Bank.