SHP’s lawyers maintain an outstanding reputation in the market for their profound knowledge, experience, intellectual depth and creativity in successfully resolving any type of legal dispute in Egypt.
SHP’s lawyers have appeared before every major state court and international arbitral institution including, inter alia, the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) and Cairo Regional Centre for International Commercial Arbitration (CRCICA).
SHP’s services in the practice area of dispute resolution cover, inter alia, handling:
- criminal proceedings arising within a corporate context;
- a wide range of civil, economic and commercial disputes and proceedings;
- domestic and international arbitration; and
- investigations by the Egyptian Financial Regulatory Authority and the Egyptian Competition Authority.
Outlined below is a list of the notable disputes that SHP has handled:
- Legal counsel to Gaara Group, a multinational agricultural company, in criminal and civil disputes before courts regarding bounced cheques in which SHP successfully obtained judgements in favour of our client.
- Representing Alstom Water Systems in a case before the Cairo Economic Court in which SHP successfully obtained a judgement in favour of our client.
- Legal counsel to Global Travel Scandinavia DAT Atlantis in a case appealing a suspension decree issued by the Egyptian Travel Agency Association before the Egyptian Tourism Federation and the Administrative Court.
- Advised a confidential leading education group on a major FDI dispute with the Government of Egypt, where SHP successfully reached a settlement in favour of the group.
- Advised ArcelorMittal on a key FDI dispute with the Government of Egypt.
- Advised Adidas on a major corporate-related case before the Egyptian Economic Courts.
- Advised Barwa International on a tax-related dispute with the Government of Egypt.
- Advised DXC Technology on an unfair competition dispute with one of its competitors.
- Advised Radio Holland on a major corporate-related dispute in Egypt.
- Advised a confidential leading education group on a real estate dispute with a major real estate development group.
- Legal counsel to General Electric on a major dispute against the General Organization for Export and Import Control, where SHP was successfully awarded a judgement against the said authority.