SHP’s lawyers have a long, successful history of advising clients on telecoms, media and technology issues and providing practical and pragmatic legal support.
SHP’s services in this practice area cover, inter alia, the following:
- Providing legal advice on the legal framework of TMT sectors in Egypt;
- Conducting legal due diligence on our clients’ electronic assets in order to provide the most innovative and efficient legal solutions for protecting such assets;
- Preparation, review and negotiation of relevant contracts including, inter alia, master services, technology transfer, interconnection, end-users, license and/or sublicense agreements; and
- Obtaining relevant licenses, type approvals and/or authorizations required for carrying TMT activities in Egypt.
Outlined below is a list of the notable TMT matters that SHP handles:
- Advised Binance on various legal issues under Egyptian law with respect to cryptocurrency.
- Advised Huawei on a major project involving using VoIP in Egypt.
- Advised Hikvision on establishing a call center in Egypt.
- Local legal counsel to IBM on obtaining the first ever WAN license in Egypt.
- Advised GE Healthcare on launching its first ever e-commerce platform in Egypt.
- Advised Promethean World and NetDragon Websoft on implementing the first ever online education platform in Egypt, Edmodo, specifically in relation to matters of data protection and licensing.
- Advised Quintessentially on establishing a call center in Egypt.
- Advised TikTok on all aspects of the new Data Protection Law in Egypt.
- Advised Truecaller on all aspects of the new Data Protection Law in Egypt.
- Advised Facebook on a number of issues related to privacy in Egypt.
- Advised the World Bank Group with respect to the regulation of the telecoms sector in Egypt.
- Advised Etisalat on various legal issues under Egyptian law with respect to the expansion of its activities to Egypt.