Our lawyers have a long history of advising clients on the telecoms, media and technology issues with practical and pragmatic legal support.
We focus on the telecoms, media and technology issues to understand the practical sense of these sectors.
Our services in this area cover, inter alia, the following:
- Providing legal advices on the legal framework of TMT sectors in Egypt;
- Conducting legal due diligence on our clients’ electronic assets in order to provide the most innovative and efficient legal solutions for protecting such assets;
- Preparation, reviewing and negotiating relevant contracts including, inter alia, master services, technology transfer, interconnection, end-users, license and/or sublicense agreements; and
- Obtaining any licenses, type approvals and/or authorizations required for carrying out any of the TMT activities in Egypt.
Outlined below a list of the recent notable TMT matters that we handled:
- Advised Huawei on a major project involving using VoIP in Egypt.
- Advised Hikvision on establishing a Call Center in Egypt.
- Acted as local legal counsel to IBM on obtaining the first ever WAN license in Egypt.
- Advised GE Healthcare on launching its first ever e-commerce platform in Egypt.
- Advised Promethean World and NetDragon Websoft on implementing the first ever online education platform in Egypt, Edmodo.
- Advised Quintessentially on establishing a Call Center in Egypt.
- Advised TikTok on all aspects of the new Data Protection Law in Egypt.
- Advised TrueCaller on all aspects of the new Data Protection Law in Egypt.
- Advised Facebook on a number of issues related to privacy in Egypt.
- Advised the World Bank Group with respect to the regulation of the telecom sector in Egypt.